Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Vignettes - July 13

Several days ago I was feeling tired and weary. I withdrew to be with the Lord and in His kindness, He reminded me of a simple truth: Be thankful. Remember the blessings. He brought me to 1 Chronicles 16: 8-12

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him, tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done.

I began to remember and list blessings the Lord had given. These are just a few…

Holding a little girl, one earbud from my ipod in her ear, one in mine, dancing

Watching souls commit their lives to Christ

Mountains

Shooting star!

Having an ice cream cone when I never expected there to be ice cream

Riding over red dirt roads in the bed of a truck, wind rippling through my hair

Laughing so hard over the silly things

Climbing trees

Monkeys

Little Rhoda falling asleep in my arms

Goats, sheep, chickens, cows

Bucket showers

Falling in love with Jesus

Heart to heart talks

Tears shed over lost loved ones

Playing volleyball and soccer with the kids

Taking pictures and hand-clapping games with the kids

Teaching handshakes to little Ben and T

Watching the Africans dance!

Dancing with them J

Silly songs

Facetiming with my family

Timely texts, phone calls, words of encouragement

The ocean

Passionate prayers

The missionaries, their love for the word, the lost, and the gospel

Worship music

Sunrises and sunsets

Clean laundry

Hard goodbyes

Safe travels

Morning runs and walks

Village churches

Gideon – a 14 year old boy who came to Christ


Awakening again to the joy in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment